About Me

My photo
I am currently working on a Master's Degree in Nutrition and requirements for Registered Dietician R.D. I plan to run my first full marathon in 2009. This blog is about everything I learn, eat, and do along the way. Cheers!

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Peanut Butter Mashed Banana French Toast Sandwich!

phew.. I bet you can't say that as fast as I ate this bad boy...

1 BLOG 019

Peanut Butter Smashed Banana French Toast Sandwich!

- I dipped two slices of toast in 1/3 cup egg whites mixed with 1 T milk
-laid in the pan, sprinkled with cinnamon and sugar
-flipped
-put in the remainder of the egg batter in the pan

then... I smashed half a banana on one side, spread the other side with little all natural Smucker's peanut butter

While the french toast cooked, I made Jeff a smoothie: milk, protein powder, peanut butter, frozen mango, frozen pineapple, frozen blueberries, and the other half of the banana.

1 BLOG 017

I dropped Jeff at work this morning so that he could go rent a car! I stopped and went christmas shopping on the way home! Since it was early morning, it was really nice not to deal with crazy busy parking lots and people!

The plan for the rest of the day ( ONE WEEK UNTIL CHRISTMAS EVE! time flies)

Body:
Rest/ Yoga ... Yoga is wonderful for me because it helps an incredible amount with my asthma. The breathing stretching techniques are just fantastic, relaxing, and rejuvinating. I have a "power yoga" dvd but its not cardio-intense. I break a sweat but its nothing crazy, and I literally know the dvd without having to watch it- I put it on for the background waterfall music! I am resting from my normal running or strength training routine today. Jeff and I may go to the gym tomorrow though ;-) ?

Mind:
I am going to keep looking at jobs- I am trying to narrow down my decisions/options/likes/hours... its tough! I also am reading the next chapter in Eat, Pray, Love. I bought it so long ago it seems and would like to finish it! I feel like I need SOMETHING to keep my mind active and to stay "balanced".

Soul:
to be determined.... jeff and i may have a relaxing evening at home... and heck, I already got some christmas shopping out of the way, I went through with getting a haircut and am enjoying it!

I hope to hear back from the volunteer position so that I can get started- that will be very rewarding to help underpriviledged kids/families with nutrition and healthy eating on a budget! I don't have a job so I certainly know what its like to be stuck to a budget! I still manage to eat lots of fruits, veggies, organic, local, healthy foods so I know I can help them do it too!

4 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Loooove that sandwich.

Hooray for volunteering!!

Anonymous said...

I have tried SO many combinations of peanutbutter and bananas but neither work well for me! Either they leave my craving for more, or I just don't like the texture, or I get hungry too soon after I eat them! But they do taste GOOD!!!

B_Hlthy said...

Hooray indeed!

RunningAdict: I think the egg whites in the bread help keep me fuller longer. I love protein!

Spud Randall said...


Protein
is important.