About Me

My photo
I am currently working on a Master's Degree in Nutrition and requirements for Registered Dietician R.D. I plan to run my first full marathon in 2009. This blog is about everything I learn, eat, and do along the way. Cheers!

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Smoothie, Sammy, and Spinach Dip


I couldn't make up my mind what I wanted for lunch at first but it all came together so nicely.
I made a sandwich with just turkey and toasted bread, then wanted more protein ( my protein powder has some extra "recovery" ingredients so perfect for after a run!). I made a smoothie with 1/2 milk 1/2 water, mango, pineapple and protein powder. I wasn't sure what vegetable I wanted, but then saw frozen spinach and artichokes. So I heated those up in a bowl, added a little dab of smart balance, some salt and cracked black pepper, some pre-chopped bacon, some chobani, some fat free mayo, some shredded cheese. Mixed all of it really well then microwaved for another 1 minute. I threw in a glob of leftover sicilian sauce from yesterday too.

I don't really enjoy crackers or chips that much so I hardly ever have em on hand. I dipped my rather plain sandwich in it... SO GOOD!
1 BLOG 005

Body:
Run!!!!! No pain/twisty feelings ... I warmed up for 2 miles at speed 6.8 ( about an 8:35 min/mile) then jogged for 2 miles at speed 7.7 ( pace 7:47 min/mi )on the treadmill and then sprinted the last 1 mile,
My last mile sprint was:
0.25 at 9 mph
0.25 at 8.4
0.25 at 9.2
0.25 at 8.6

I walked for another 1 mile to cool down. It felt fantastic~

Mind:
suduko of course

i have did searching but nothing to write about yet. back to searching now

Soul:
Jeff heard back from the insurance company and they finally accepted liability for the accident and offered him a tiny settlement.... but at least its one big step in the right direction so he can rent a car and it will be paid for and he can find out soon what he will be offered for his truck!!

I love running, i swear it beats out any "case of blah" I ever have. It just makes me a happier person.

I am excited to have dinner at Momma Mo's and trim the tree!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i've been running much more lately (my b/f and i are in a little friendly competition hehe) and have surprisingly been enjoying it! what kind of protein powder do you use? i'm interested in these "recovery" ingredients you speak of...

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Hooray for good news!! :-)

B_Hlthy said...

Hi Lick My Spoon- friendly competition is always a good time!
I prefer "pure protein" brand...but I bought this current jug by mistake. It offers glutamine, creatine ( not alot), and glucosamine. My knees have been suffering alot from all my running- so the creatine and glutamine help your ATP formation process ( cell energy) and the glucosamine helps with joints like my knee. I wouldn't recommend this brand because I have had plenty others in the past that are better...

VeggieGirl: Thanks lovely lady! big weight = off our shoulders