About Me

My photo
I am currently working on a Master's Degree in Nutrition and requirements for Registered Dietician R.D. I plan to run my first full marathon in 2009. This blog is about everything I learn, eat, and do along the way. Cheers!

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

French Toast Breakfast Tree on Christmas Eve

1 BLOG 031

It's Christmas Eve! Hooray!
French Toast Breakfast Tree:

Peanut Butter Trunk, Pumpkin Egg White French Toast Tree... (pumpkin, egg whites, splash of milk, splash vanilla extract, dash of cinnamon)
decorated with blueberry bells, cherry balls, flaxseeds and pineapple topper.


Body:
Short Run with Jack (20 minutes around the neighborhood hills). It was such a warm christmas eve! I think the high was 68*. It is so weird to have grown up in freezing weather and snow, literally snow from October-April ....and to now have winter temps of 68* and higher!. I had lunch plans that didn't work out, so when that happened, I realized I could get the "real" cardio I had been hoping for at the Gym. I was hoping to get in that red face, dripping sweat cardio because I know I will be resting christmas day, driving and above all, would rather enjoy opening presents and family time than be out on an hour long run! So, my cardio turned into an amazing 4.5 mile run/sprint... I ran for two minutes straight at 9.0 (a 6:40 min. mile) and the rest at 8.0 ( about a 7 minute mile). Phew.. so my total running mileage today was 6.5 miles!

Mind:
Tired, need to wrap gifts! 4 hours of sleep last night is just not going to cut it!

Soul:
Its Christmas eve!! dinner at Momma Mo's tonight is Tur-Duck-en. Family time tonight, tomorrow and all weekend. oh and presents are certainly wonderful ( both to give and to get :-) )

Santa is on his way kiddos... I am going to be checking in but probably not posting much until at least tomorrow or friday!
Merry Christmas to All if I don't see you , hear from you, or comment with you!

7 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

French toast = holy yum.

Yoga = my daily indulgence.


Have fun at the party tonight!!

Anonymous said...

i love the oatmeal - it looks so good.
aww christmas decorations!!

Erica said...

Have fun at dinner. I (shocking I know) hate the smell of poo too! I try my hardest not to have to smell that junk every time I take Frank out haha. Sounds like you got a great workout in.

HangryPants said...

haha - yes, i hate the smell of dog poo, too!

Anonymous said...

nice. what level sudoku do you play?

Anonymous said...

That french toast looks good...

Merry Christmas Eve Eve :)

-Mads

Anonymous said...

i love french toast!!
yours looks delicious!