About Me

My photo
I am currently working on a Master's Degree in Nutrition and requirements for Registered Dietician R.D. I plan to run my first full marathon in 2009. This blog is about everything I learn, eat, and do along the way. Cheers!

Monday, December 22, 2008

Monday Lunch and Dinner Update!

Lunch:
1 BLOG 007

Leftover Pasta and Tomato Sauce with Chicken

1 BLOG 008

and Salad.

Accomplishments: ( in an attempt to make me feel more positive about getting a rude response to a job.. )

  • I finally heard back from the organization I was interested in Volunteering with, turns out they would like me to help with marketing and potentially here on my blog and elsewhere in the community in addition to teaching nutrition classes!! WOOHOO-I have to read through some materials they sent but I am excited!
  • Started My Pre-Packing List (I found this Day of The Week notepad at a craft store recently. I have used it for foods/meals we have that week- but it works well for this too!)

1 BLOG 012

  • Gym- Run 5 miles... toes are now hurting... I am icing as I type
  • Took out the materials I needed and started to make one of "jeff's" gifts- I have made him something each year and I knew exactly what I wanted to put together... I will take a pic for after xmas!
  • Wrapped a few presents
  • Made Chocolate Bourbon Truffles ( post to follow)
  • Made Toffee Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies ( post to follow)
  • Cleaned out the Fridge ( blech!!! but phew! and YAHH! at the same time.. it was gross and now its not nearly as gross.)
  • Laundry
  • Talk with Mom about lots of stuff
  • Bank Errands
  • Dancing with The Stars Latin Cardio Dance DVD! (Veggie Girl is this the same one you have? ... I didn't realize until now there is more than one!)

1 BLOG 027

Review of DWS, Latin Cardio:
I liked it! It wasn't a great cardio workout for me- I need to run a good 5-10 miles for that. So for beginners that are looking for a good cardio dance, I would suggest it. I really enjoyed it! I did the warm up and then all 4 of the dances and then most of the toning workout. I broke a light sweat and was actually confused a couple of times . The mutitasker in me was also baking cookies at the same time, so I had to pause, run in the kitchen, then run back and unpause and start again! I am looking forward to doing it again so that I can get some of my "dance moves" back! Get my "mojo" flowing again if you will. I haven't danced since college and I could tell I was way more rigid and fumbly than I used to be!

Dinner:

1 BLOG 015
Leftover Chicken Salad Sandwich ( 2 Halves) and Organic Spicy Bean Sprouts with leftover Tomato Sauce...

2 comments:

HangryPants said...

Well, the volunteering thing is good news, right!

How come your toes hurt? Do your toes hit the top/front of your sneaks? That used to happen to me, then I got a bigger size shoe.

B_Hlthy said...

thanks for the encouragement!

haha... yes, i am pretty sure my toes are smushing against the top front. BUT... I got a size bigger and they messed up my knee.

The weird thing is... its only my right foot... and my right knee hurts when I run in the bigger shoes.

the crappy thing is... they each only have about 500 miles on them..