About Me

My photo
I am currently working on a Master's Degree in Nutrition and requirements for Registered Dietician R.D. I plan to run my first full marathon in 2009. This blog is about everything I learn, eat, and do along the way. Cheers!

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Back FROM School...

"back to school... back to school.. to prove to (the world) I'm not a ...foool...." Oh I am nervous but excited and anxious all at the same time for semester to start again! I have found some wonderful opportunities this past month and I am sorting it all out asap!

My class schedule right now is: Perspectives in Nutrition, Principles of Food, 2nd Half of Nutrient Metabolism, and Vitamins, Minerals and Nutricuticals!


Body:
Gym trip-
Strength: Back, Biceps and Quads
Cardio: ten minute walk on the treadmill, 25 minutes on the elliptical , 5 minutes stairs

Got back from class and took Jack for another 1 mile walk ( up hill, down hill, up hill, down hill) . We went yesterday too and the day before. I am trying to be a better puppy-mommy ( even though he runs away from us all the time). I swear, I wish we could have gotten him from his past owners way before they ever hurt him. Apparently he was so mistreated and has a little "running away" habit from whoever had him before Jeff. When Jeff got Jack, he nearly died a week later due to some kind of medical problems most likely from his mistreatment. Its sooooo sad how people mistreat doggies out there- I mean just give them to the SPCA or someone who wants to take care of them! okay- anyways- jack has lots of toys and lots of treats and lots of love here now!

Mind:
Class! as you can see its a full day of courses! Luckily, today was nice and easy to get back into things. My second class let out super early so I made a gym trip, and my third class got canceled ( profs kid is sick- not too seriously though).

I got my first two subscriptions to Southern Living! Thanks to Nana for a wonderful christmas present!

I am reading them now but unfortunately after dealing with an overdraft charge of $35 for a charge to my account that was not authorized! This is the second time this has happened with the account and I am ready to CLOSE IT! FYI Its a wachovia account- my other account only charges a 50 cent overdraft fee--- thats it - not 35 like wachovia!
I was fuming... but i talked to the company that charged me and they are canceling the payment and the bank is putting a stop payment - and I made sure the guy said he wasn't going to charge me for stop payment. I should have gotten it in writing.


Phew... okay blood pressure is going back down as i type.

Soul:

back to school... back to school... easy day but it was fantastic to see all my classmates again!

I went to check a place out for a job and they are "always accepting applications"... not that it means they will hire me but I got one and will turn it in tomorrow.

Made plans to meet Jeff's sister at the gym thursday evening! Woohoo! Should be fun!

I am going to make a list right now of the things that make me feel happy and grateful today because after the bank fiasco I am a little tiffed and need it.. here goes..

1.southern living magazine ...2 of them

2. looked into ACSM certification for fitness... I have been interested in doing this for 8 years... yes 8 years, my first year at Penn State University (Main Campus)- they offered this great discount for certification- and I didn't do it and I slightly "regretted" it but knew it would always be around as an option. Well , I am sick of waiting. I would love to teach aerobics classes, I remember leading warm up and practices and dance routines as captain in cheerleading and loved it, plus I LOVE aerobic exercise so motivating people to do it along with me would be a blast. I could even start a network for this nutrition career I am heading into!

3. Jeff has a new truck... phew! Our mountain getaway is booked! I can't freakin wait- a suite with a hot tub, fireplace, and within 20 minutes of wine country- aaaahhhh

4. I dealt with the fiasco of the bank. Alot of times when stuff like that happens, it made me feel so crappy and depressed and instead of letting it get to me - I dealt with it- I called the bank I called the people that charged me and its not immediately fixed but I dealt with it.

5. I chatted via email with my sister- Hi Christal! I love you! - I will get to see her in a few weekends for my grandfather's birthday, along with my cousin, and aunt. We will also be going to Asheville, NC that same weekend to visit our friends ( their wedding is in Vermont this August, they came here to fry turkeys a few months ago)...

6. School makes me feel like an efficient person- I am super excited for Principles of Food- We learn all the proper knife techniques, baking, leavening agents, cooking terminology and functions, recipes, sanitation, food preparation etc etc. Isn't that AWESOME!?

7. I am going to make lasagna with eggplant this week...

8. YOGA!

okay I think I feel better... time to tap into my breathe with a little rodney yee.

Namaste


5 comments:

aussirish said...

morning girlie,
just read your post below and i definetly agree with you that ppl shudnt have to *earn* a place on someones blog roll...if i like a blog i simply aadd it to mine so i can keep reading their blog. its definetly very high school-ish to be seeing it in a way where you have to earn it!!

all of your classes sound really interesting..i really wanna get a degree in nutrition but the school/college system is very differnt over here and it relies soley on what points you get on your leaving cert ( a huge exam at the end of school) and nutrition is insanely hard to get...but mayb in the future il fulfill that dream lol.

i love how you seperate your posts into spirit, body and mind..it actualy inspired me to start doing something each day for my body, mind and soul :)

have a great day!
oh and thanks for tagging me for that questionnaire thing :)

B_Hlthy said...

Wow! That means sooooooo much to me! I feel very blessed to have the readers that I do- Thank you!

Anonymous said...

you are absolutely right...when I eat for the hell of it, its like i'm avoiding something (emotional eating?). thanks so much for your comment, it means alot!

I'm so excited that you're classes are starting today, they sound really interesting...can't wait till you start sharing some neat facts and tid-bits!

Oh, after seeing you class schedule today, it might not a bad idea to take a day off... you have classes about 6 hours today, g'luck!

Caitlin said...

Good luck at school....I started last week, it's kind of rough to get back into it! At least your classes look interesting:)

HangryPants said...

Good luck!