About Me

My photo
I am currently working on a Master's Degree in Nutrition and requirements for Registered Dietician R.D. I plan to run my first full marathon in 2009. This blog is about everything I learn, eat, and do along the way. Cheers!

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Good Morning!

I hope I got to everyone on my blogroll this morning. I went to bed thinking about how much I love the blogging community and I wanted to wish everyone a good morning! Sorry if I annoyed you with commenting a gazillion times!

I read this post yesterday about people not asking to add others to their blogroll and that you should be "earning" a spot and I can't get it out of my head. It really bugged me- although the post was fantastic, and I enjoy the writer as well.

I just feel like one little part was ridiculous and silly and seemed so "high school drama" ish. I like adding other blogs to my blogroll not just because I want to market my blog. I may find a blog through a link and really enjoy it- and I want to be able to REMEMBER the exact link- So I usually ask to add the blog or "add each other" so that its mutual.

There are so many wonderful blogs out there, food and otherwise, For the Love of Oats, For the Love of Peanut Butter, Cookie Madness, Cookie Mouse, Cookie Pie, Eat n Run, Eat Live Run, Run with a Recipe, Running with Food, See Bride Run, She Runs She Eats, Sleep Eat Run, and don't get me started on the wonderful Vegan blogs... ( i just picked a few)

The point of listing those though, is to get across that joining a community is not easy. Those names are very similar- and it takes reading them often to get a good grasp on how different and wonderful they are. But, How can you keep reading them if you don't keep a link to their blog when there are TONS of blogs out there to keep straight at first?

I realize it is hardwork and you can't just expect to be adored by all. However, I have a true passion for blogging, for nutrition, for my career path and for running and exercise. This is why I write my blog and if I can market it along the way and inspire others- that would just be phenomenal. If I find another blog and want to add them or them add me, it is because I want to keep reading and growing along with them, Why is it so (gasp) rude,to ask to keep up with that blog by adding them?

When entering this blogland, I wanted to read each and every one of these blogs- likewise, I would love to have a huge readership to mine because I have a passion for my blog. The post I read made me feel bad about myself! I can't believe writing made me feel bad about myself. I felt like I was a "rude" blogger- or "not cool" enough to be in foodie blogland.

I have no clue if this was intended by the post. I don't go around adding people willy nilly just to increase my blog readership. However, I don't think it is my place to demand others to "earn their spot". I think that my blog, and their blog and commenting will do that on its own.  It is up to me to create a wonderful blog with fantastic posts, and if that inspires others to read and comment- Wonderful! If you are writing a great blog and have a passion for what you want to say, I consider that "worthy" of being added. If you just joined the community and want to learn more, you are worthy. If you just want to add me because you saw the blog and liked it , well I am honored they liked it and stopped in, and You are worthy.

How do yall feel about this?

Don't let anyone make you feel bad or make you feel like your blog is not worthy!

5 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

I agree with you; but at the same time, I don't think that people should feel 100% obligated to add every single person to their blog rolls - I can't keep up anymore, haha :-D

B_Hlthy said...

Thanks VeggieGirl!!I agree that there shouldn't be any obligation involved!

HangryPants said...

I don't have a blogroll because I would feel badly leaving good blogs off and I don't need added guilt in my life. :D I won't lie though. I love it when other bloggers who I like and admire add me to their blogrolls and then I feel a little twinge of guilt that I don't have one. So, I guess ... damned if you do, damned if you don't. I can't get too hung up on it.

I keep track of all my blogs in my google reader. That way I can add and delete as I find ones that interest me.

Anonymous said...

I love this post! You're awesome!

Anonymous said...

I am thinking of going the way of HangryPants and taking away a blogroll altogether! Yikes.