About Me

My photo
I am currently working on a Master's Degree in Nutrition and requirements for Registered Dietician R.D. I plan to run my first full marathon in 2009. This blog is about everything I learn, eat, and do along the way. Cheers!

Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

New Year's Eve Shenanigans
A Blue Moon and a couple chips with salsa from Jeff's mom's new fiesta platter ( I thought you could see it better than this photo shows)
Christmas 2008 003

Entree: Potato Soup with bacon and cheese and a slice of whole grain bread.

Christmas 2008 004

Dessert: Wine...  and then Jeff's brother in law asked me to do a shot of honey something or other with him. I was up for it, said sure, its new years eve after all. Jeff's brother in law is typically more reserved quite type. 
Christmas 2008 005
Well, he tried to get me to do another two... but quickly revealed they were trying to prevent me from driving home so that we would stay over night! I let him know we had already planned on staying and we all headed out to the fire pit.

I think my run wore me out ( and of course the shot and wine contributed as well) because I went inside to warm up ( it was about 20 * last night! ) and fell asleep on the couch! I missed the "ball drop" the "clock strikes 12" Happy New Year to All Cell Phone Calls and Texts!

I woke up this morning tired from the boozing but not too shabby either!

Breakfast:
Jeff's sister made me an egg white ( it's underneath everything) with bacon and sourdough toast and his mom sliced up a tomato for me because I'm "miss healthy". Haha.. It was delicious , especially with the fruit salad ( blueberry, grapes, orange peel, coconut, marshmallows)
Christmas 2008 015

Before heading out to look at trucks for Jeff, we had a quick lunch. It was delicious! Half cup Cabot NoFat Cottage Cheese and Half cup Nonfat Greek Yogurt from Trader Joes, a glob of pumpkin puree, cinnamon, smucker's all natural peanut butter and organic banana, warm mango, strawberries and cherry.

Christmas 2008 020

After test driving vehicles, shopping for a new phone, shoes and pants- We got hungry pretty early, unfortunately we stopped at several places that were 45 minute waits or ridiculously expensive before actually sitting down at a place to eat!

Dinner New Year's Day:
Pear, Beet, Gorgonzola, and Walnut Salad with Balsamic Vinegar Chicken, A cup of Ginger Chicken Rice Soup and a Bloody Mary ( I only finished half the drink)
Christmas 2008 021  Christmas 2008 022
Dessert:
( a fried pickle slice!) and Chocolate Cake! I didn't actually like it that much, the butter cream frosting didn't taste like other buttercream frostings I have had before- something is up with me when I don't enjoy chocolate cake! It was all "homemade" and had vanilla buttercream frosting with chocolate ganache on top, fresh whip cream and a strawberry. It looks way better than it tasted in my opnion- but I love chocolate cake and I loved sharing the day with Jeff. He was another superboyfriend today.

Christmas 2008 023


Body:

rested up - I love knowing that my legs are repairing all the muscles and building up their strength so that my next workout can be even better!

Mind:
We found a great deal on an SUV for Jeff!! I think it will be fantastic and I really enjoyed the one we test drove....

I cleaned up all my laundry and immediately washed all our stuff from the firepit last night ( it smelled soooooooo smokey! blech!)- It was so nice to get all of that out of the way and off my "mind"!

Soul:
I had such a fantastic day with Jeff! We have the best time together, we test drove the SUV, stopped to look at phones (didn't find any), went to look at shoes ( didn't find any) and had a crazy time walking around trying to find a restaurant we wanted to eat at!

We are watching the Bucket List now- I heard it was funny and I heard it was awful. Guess I will find out which one I think!

Resolutions have yet to be decided!


Happy New Year to All!!

4 comments:

Erica said...

Everything looks fabulous- especially that fruit salad from this morning! Glad you had fun last night!

Anonymous said...

haha thats funny they were trying to trick you into staying over ;)...glad you had a fun new years!!!

let us know if u like the bucket list movie!

-Mads

HangryPants said...

Yay for Jeff's potentially new SUV!

Sounds like you had a fun and eventful New Year's. I would have fallen asleep too, but I was out at someone's house I didn't know that well. :D

What else? Oh yes, fried pickles!!!! I've never heard of that.

Oh and it;s really cute Jeff's mom sliced you tomatoes. :D

B_Hlthy said...

Thanks Erica!

Mads- it was- Jeff even knew something was going on and both his brothers just couldn't hold it in because it was so out-of-character for them!

Heather: I am so excited!It was fun- I thought I would make it to midnight but being outside made me so cold!
Fried pickles are delicious! This place we went does the breading really light and they have a garlic ranch dipping sauce! DELCIOUS!