About Me

My photo
I am currently working on a Master's Degree in Nutrition and requirements for Registered Dietician R.D. I plan to run my first full marathon in 2009. This blog is about everything I learn, eat, and do along the way. Cheers!

Friday, January 2, 2009

Trifle and Cinnamon Sugar Toast

7 grain Toast with Cinnamon and Sugar.
Christmas 2008 005

Lazy little trifle of cottage cheese, blueberries, yogurt and organic banana and all natural peanut butter.

Christmas 2008 004

It was delicious and super fast. The perfectionist in me wants to have made my layers a little "cleaner" but my stomach says " yummmmmm"

I can't believe its friday already! I will be back in classes before I know it- time flies!

Last night we watched The Bucket List with Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman. I laughed a couple of times and it had a sweet little ending but it was a rather heavy movie. I mean heavy because its about two cancer patients that want to do things before they die. You know from the start they only have about 6 months to live- so while it was all about death vs. living- it made me really appreciate my life, everything that I am capable of, having Jeff and Jack in my life, my family ... it made me tear up a little. I didn't think it was fantastic, but like I said, it made me feel grateful. How was that review Mads?

The plan for today:

Run (assuming my knee and toes aren't complaining). I think I will just do a good 5k (3.2 miles) so that I can also do strength training and yoga.

Shopping, Reading, Picking Jeff up from work and maybe going to test drive his potentially new SUV ! I am so excited because I really liked the one we test drove yesterday ( it was a 2004 and the one he is hoping to buy is 2005), it has super low mileage (14,000!) and it drove great! It has 4 wheel drive (so we can drive down to the beach for the weekends and camp on the beach with it!) and leather seats ( whoohoo for Jack -brown-dog's hair not sticking). It has tumble seats in the middle so it fits 7 people! He could also lay down the back seat and have a nice size bed for his hockey bag, guitar, or whatever. I am hoping he loves it because I know this whole thing has been tough for him trying to find a new vehicle around the holidays (closed dealers, crazy shoppers, crazy traffic).

It finally feels like winter outside here! The high today is 47* but Sunday it goes back up to 60*. I'm not complaining at all but I do wish on cold days that it would snow just a little!

Is it snowing where you are? Do you love it or hate it?

7 comments:

Erica said...

Great breakfast. Enjoy the run and SUV shopping! fun stuff ;) It is suppose to be 60 something here today. I hateeeeeeee winter so I am always happy when its warm :)

Simple and Divine said...

CAR SHOPPING IS SO MUCH FUN!!! Enjoyyyy <3

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

DEEEEEEEELICIOUS!!

Have fun today!!

Caitlin said...

Breakfast looks awesome. Good luck on the SUV shopping, new cars are such a process, but fun!

Anonymous said...

that was a GREAT review =) makes me want to watch it!

your breakfasts always look fantastic. even my eyes say "yummmm"!

its not snowing right now - i like snow better than rain though. but when the snow gets icy and/or slushy, i really don't like it!

-Mads

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Saw your comment on my blog - try out those substitutions for sure!! Let me know how they turn out :-)

Anonymous said...

I didn't end up finishing the Bucket List.

Just found your blog from Veggie Girl!

Happy new year!